The relief and sense of hope that Tuesday’s win in Alabama is fueling my determination to keep fighting no matter how slim the odds. I hope you feel the same way.
The Republicans claim they have a Tax Deal (SCAM) that they will vote on as early as Monday. I am asking all of you to keep fighting against it. If we can keep it from passing through Dec 22nd the holiday break will force it to be considered in January. Once Dough Jones is sworn in the fight becomes much harder for Republicans.
I have 3 options for you to use to make calls.
1. Use the Indivisible Hub Dialer to call into Maine, AZ, Alaska, and Colorado
2. Use the OFA website to call CA members of Congress (I have revised instructions that allow us to see the phone #s for the congressman)
3. If you can’t use a computer to make calls you can contact Ruth who will send you a paper list.
Indivisible has a nifty call tool that you can use to call members of the Senate.
My gut feeling is that if it can be stopped anywhere it will be in the Senate.
1. Visit this website
2. Sign in on the form at the bottom of the page
3. Watch the video that explains how the Hub Dialer works
4. Once you have registered they will send you an email with Campaign IDs and Passcodes. Use the values in the email at the Hub dialer website.
5. Once you have clicked “Lets Get Started” the screen will display a voters name, phone and a script.
OFA Call Tool for CA members of Congress
PLEASE NOTE – The call tool was originally set up for the ACA and has not been changed to reflect the Tax Bill. On the first page you are given 3 options
Many of you (myself included) have been checking opposes since we oppose the tax bill. It turns out that you have to click on supports the candidate / measure to be taken to a screen that shows the phone #. The opposes radio button does not show contact info for the member of congress.
I know this is a clunky script but it will give us what we need, names of voters in key CA congressional districts and phone # for their local and DC offices.
- Click one of the links below to access the Virtual Phone Bank
CD 10 – Denham – English
CD 21 – Valadao – English
CD 25 – Knight
CD 39 – Royce
CD 45 – Walters
- If it is your first time calling, go to step 3. If already registered, go to step 6.
- Register to make calls by clicking the “Click Here to Register” button below the green “Log In” button.
- Enter all required fields including: first name, last name, email address and zip code. Hit the green “Save” button to continue.
- Once saved, you will be returned to the log in page.
- Enter the email address used to register, phone bank password “resist” and chose “Call4ACA” or “OFA” as the organization from the dropdown.
- Click ‘Log In” to start calling.
- Use your phone to dial the phone number listed on screen.
- Script should automatically appear on screen if there is only one voter, if there is more than one voter click on the name of the person who answers, to see the script.
- Select appropriate non-contact and survey information. Click “End Call/Save Information” to end the call and save the information recorded.
- Repeat steps 8-10.
Contact Ruth for a paper list
From Linda Hemenway, Sonoma County OFA